We are happy you are here!
At Mother Lode Preschool, we are dedicated to creating a nurturing, stimulating and welcoming environment for all our preschool children. We follow a play based curriculum that focuses on learning while engaged in everyday play. Our unique co-op style program allows parents to be involved in their child's schooling by helping in the classroom each month, participating in interactive meetings, and attending events held by the preschool. To find out more about us, keep reading or feel free to get in touch.
Mother Lode Preschool Mission
“Mother Lode Preschool provides children with a safe and happy environment, giving them emotional and loving support, and filling their needs by providing fun projects, healthy food options, and lots of chances to learn with open ended play!”
We believe that children thrive in an environment which values their own uniqueness, while providing support and opportunities to grow emotionally, socially and creatively. By building on each child’s strengths, interests and curiosities, we guide each child to explore the world around them as well as develop new abilities and form close relationships.
Mother Lode Preschool is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. A cooperative preschool differs from other
preschools in that the parents and families are directly involved in the administration of the school and are
the assistants to the teacher in the classroom. The school’s success is a direct result of active participation
from all parents who serve as board members, fundraisers, snack-makers and more. Being involved in all
aspects of Mother Lode Preschool offers a unique opportunity to be involved in your child’s educational
Mother Lode Preschool is governed by a board of five parent members and a teacher/director. Parent
Board of Directors meetings are held monthly at the preschool and all parents are encouraged to attend.
The board positions are elected yearly and rotate regularly as children graduate from the program.
Summary from our Parent Handbook
• Maximum of 20 students (first-come/first-served; priority registration for returning students)
• Parent cooperative school
• Governed by Parent Board of Directors & Teacher/Director
• Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday – 8:15am to 1:15pm
o Start: Tuesday – August 18, 2020
o End: Thursday – June 3, 2021
• Rolling enrollment
• Holidays, breaks, etc. follow the Amador County Unified School District schedule
• $225 monthly tuition (regardless of holidays, school breaks, vacations, sickness, etc.)
o 10% discount for 2nd child and 15% discount for 3rd child (enrolled simultaneously)
o 10% discount if a full year’s tuition is paid prior to school starting
o Scholarships available (income based; first-come, first-served)
• $25 non-refundable application fee
• Ages 3 to 6 years old
• Toilet trained (logistical help is fine)
• Up to date on all immunizations
• Volunteer 3-days per month in the classroom
o Volunteers must be up to date on all immunizations and have Live Scan background check
o Volunteers can be parents or an adult that oversees the child’s daily activities.
• Attend monthly membership meetings
• Complete 15 service hours (cleaning, maintenance, etc.) per year per family
o 7.5 hours for Board Members
• Participate in 2 out of 4 work parties per year
• Participate in other school functions such as fundraisers
Parent Board of Directors (participation is highly encouraged):
• Meets once per month before monthly membership meetings
• Runs the school administration
• Board positions: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Parent Coordinator
This school is run by the parents and offers a unique opportunity to be involved in your child’s
education and school experience.
Mother Lode Preschool
Here is a PDF of the most recent edition of our parent handbook. Included is a detailed description of our program, our requirements, and the paperwork needed for enrollment.
Mother Lode Preschool
This is a word document containing a brief "walk-thru" of the classroom, and how we use the different areas.
Your Local Co-op Preschool in Amador County